Monday 23 June 2008

Summer so Far...

It's been a month since I arrived back in Bulgaria.
And I miss London. I missed it SO MUCH, every day! I was bored, annoyed, nostalgic - all because I had left the safe confounds of my Earl's Court flat and Richmond University and had entered my 'home country' where life had changed... I mean, of course I was so happy to see my family and friends (the few friends I have roaming the streets of Sofia), but I felt lost in a way... I had been missing from Bulgaria for months - time during which everyone I know here changed, and everyone's life developed - and I missed it all... My life was back in London. Not here.

And then thankfully, I got a bit of London here - a good friend from Richmond (Kevin) and his friend from high school (Melissa) came to Bulgaria for a week. We had an amazing time exploring the country and generally sleeping and eating... I was so happy during that week and all my nostalgia disappeared ...
(in front of the amphitheater in Plovdiv)

... only to reappear after that, stronger than before! Sigh...

I also saw my dear friend Cynthia - almost a year after I last saw her on NYC ground :) Such lovely memories...

And last, but certainly not least, I got together with my best friends - Misha, Katya, Iliana, Dessi, Vessi, etc, etc, etc... Sadly not everyone is back for the summer... but we'll have to manage somehow...

As my lazy days rolled on, I thought it would be smart to take up random activities such as tennis and my most favorite thing in the world- horse riding!! :D I still haven't done as much riding as I hoped since my membership card expired and I have to get a new one... But I went to an international FEI Show Jumping event in Sofia and took some pictures (you can see more photos on my photoblog martynikphoto.blogspot.com (go-go self-promotion;))
Now I'm busier than usual because my lazy days turned to business days. I'm doing an internship which takes up most of my day and leaves little time in the evening to drive around and do whatever I want to do. It's great, I love it! (of course) For now, I'm stuck in Sofia for good, though I have random little getaway plans for the near future... Will let you know what happens...

And once again I realize that one of my greatest flaws is that I plan too much and don't do it all.. :) Weeeeell, one day I'll be good at planning everything perfectly (always leaving space for unexpected surprises though)

Bye for now! I'm sending you all lots of love!!

No comments: