Saturday 20 September 2008

Sweet and Sticky (Literally) in Wembley

Probably everyone knows what I'm talking about at this point... Or if not, it's okay, it took me a while to realize why people found those two S-words so attractive and used them together all the time..

September 12, 2008

Wembley Stadium. Crowd. People. TONS of people! And among them, Rocio and I - shorter than the average person :)

It was a day to remember - the day Madonna was in town!!!! MADONNA!!! Aaaaah! Hehe, so much enthusiasm! I was seriously exhiliarated on that faithful day :) It took me a while to grasp the idea that I would be one of the lucky (hundreds of thousands of) people who witnessed Madonna on her Sweet and Sticky Tour of 2008! And let me tell you, it was worth it!

The concert was so impressive - everything from the stage and special effects to Madonna's constant dancing and running around the stage! It was a feast for the eyes! Only issue was, Rocio and I could hardly see a thing since we were towards the front-middle field part of the stadium; it would have been easier if we weren't super short... but what's a concert if you don't jump up and around all the time trying to spot the celebrity (aka a blurb on the dance floor).

It was crowded, stinky, stuffy, hot, hard to see, yet AMAZING nonetheless! It was a sweeeeeet experience and I'm so glad we did it!! Madonna literally passed her excess energy onto the crowd and everyone was dancing the night away!

I took some photos.. with my phone... which automatically makes them really crappy photos. Still, at least I have them for memory's sake... :) (Note to self: apparently in the UK they allow people to go to concerts with their cameras - whereas in Bulgaria it's pretty much illegal though that rarely stops people from taking pics at events).


Wembley Stadium with crowds headed its way

I know it's mean to say that, but those two were one weird couple...

The stage! One of the few decent pics I have... haha.
And of course, in the name of randomness, a pink umbrella (next to the huge pink 'M')

Yeah the guy behind me was a freak :P haha

Look!!! It's Madonna and she's jump-roapin'!!

No comments: