Sunday 1 February 2009

Late Night Adventures

Jess, Rocio and I went club-hopping last night as part of my tilllate assignments, and boy, did we have a grand time!! We went to two places, Jewel and Verve. Jewel was sooo crowded, and the music wasn't too danceable either, so we didn't stay there too long... Yet the next club we went to - Verve - was amazing! :D

On our way there though, aka the great trek between Piccadilly and Leicester Square, we had to take out money. The ATM was on the opposite side of the street... we started crossing, but then saw cars approaching us at dangerous rates, and rushed back to the sidewalk. Great, only Rocio's credit card fell in the middle of the road... It got run over by a black cab and a few other cars, with us watching in shock what we thought were the last moments of that card... As soon as the cars stopped, Jess rushed to pick up the card which had miraculously survived; not only that, but the card was also kind enough to give us money :)

As soon as we got to Verve, we loved the music they were playing! A brief 'karaoke' session and then I was off to take pics. In the process, I discovered that there was a whole separate section of the club underground - mega cool :D So we danced the night away, having the best Saturday night imaginable!

At around 3am, we left the club reluctantly; we walked back to Piccadilly quickly and reached our bus stop just as the N97 was pulling up... Darn! We had to wait for the next bus; in the mean time, I found some rancom 'club points' card on the ground - nothing interesting... our bus arrived and I started searching for my travel card (which I had randomly found at the tube station:). Well, I couldn't find it... or any of my ID and key cards for that matter... everything had disappeared! :O All my cards were in my camera bag and must have fallen out ... :S I looked through my pockets in a rush and started panicking internally at least... The bus was about to leave! AH! In the last possible moment, Jess and Rocio got on the bus as I rushed back to Verve...

Galloping to Leicester square, thoughts rushed through my heads - 'oh, mom, i lost my cards... again...' - not the best possible conversation... Also, I remembered the ATM incident earlier... I had taken money out as well... duh... And I stopped. There was one pocket I hadn't checked... Guess what? Everything was there! Jeeez, one day I'll get a heart attack like that!!! Hahaha... Yep. So I ran back to the bus stop and got the next bus back home yay!

Nighttime London is kinda gross. There are drunk people everywhere, there's broken glass, waste, puke, lost shoes and what not. Ugh. As long as you ignore the disgusting state of the pavement and avoid the swaying people all around, you can thoroughly enjoy the marvel and beauty of the London lights! :)

No comments: