Sunday 24 May 2009

Summer so far... (and some songs)

The sun is shining, the weather is sweet (ignoring the occasional thunder storms)...

Summer's up and running here in Sofia; as the streets get hotter by the day, people take to the parks to enjoy some shade, a cool breeze, and chill time with friends, kids or dogs, where applicable (for the record, there's nothing like a chill afternoon in the park with friends). Weekends are especially nice around here, as a large portion of Sofia's excessive population migrates to the countryside, mountains, and other cool places away from the city. This leaves the S-town to the select few who by choice or obligation stay behind. Lately I've been spending my weekends here, totally by choice :) Perfect opportunity to hang out with friends, drive around rather empty roads, and live a timeless life. Amazing.

Chilling is just what I've been doing here. Plus partying. What more could I ask for?! Yeah, well, it is starting to feel very weird not having ANYTHING to worry about.. come on, a healthy dose of stress could come in handy to take me out of this awesomely lethargic state... Since I came back home, life's been too chilled compared to the final weeks at Richmond. I'm hoping to find something exciting to do for the rest of the break to keep my brain going - or else there's a chance all my brain cells will melt in the sun :) I'll let you know as soon as I've found something thrilling to dedicate my time to over the next 3 months. Wow. That's a lot of time!

In the mean time, here are some more summer hits (aka songs that are either overplayed on the radio here, or are stuck in my head for one reason or another).

1. Inna - Love -> certainly one of the tunes I've heard the most here in Bulgaria. Honestly, at first the only bit I liked about the song was the funky beat, while her voice didn't quite appeal to me. Now, after hearing the song about 1 000 001 times, I'm all used to her voice and am even tempted to sing out loud. Anyway, main reason why I like the song: awesome slow-mo video :) I love slow-motion; it simply makes everything incredibly graceful...


2. Akcent - That's My Name -> Akcent have delivered some pretty nice tunes in the past. Here's one of their latest pieces, also featuring amazing slow-mo effects :)


Also, is it just me again, or do 1. and 2. sound sort of similar ... Could it be that both come from brotherly Romania, from the same music label (Roton), and the two videos were probably directed by the same person (my research didn't get that far, but you'd assume that too, right?). Either way, keep 'em slow-motion videos coming :D

3. David Deejay ft. Dony - Sexy Thing -> not from 2009, but just as popular as the other songs, another sexy summer hit. Hooray.


4. Black Eyed Peas - Boom Boom Pow -> yes, too much boom boom pow... this song is overpopularized, but still entertainingly danceable once you get into the boom boom pow mindset :)


5. Hadise - Dum Tek Tek -> my friend played that song to me, and yes, it's catchy, and I wish I had stupid sound on this stupid laptop so that I could actually listen to it again, but anyway, I thought it would be a nice Eastern European transition from Boom Boom Pow to Dum Tek Tek. Hehe.


6. Kelly Clarkson - My Life Would Suck Without You -> this goes out to all my friends back in Bulgaria, back in London, anywhere over the world, really... While in a different context than that of the song, I can absolutely say that my life would suck without you all :)) So Thank You All! :D


Alright! So now that I'm all happy, having written this shortish post mainly for the sake of updating this blog, and having danced around a bit mainly for the sake of dancing, I can go to bed with a smile on my mouth and a hand on my... huh! Almost forgot the song which I listened to the most today, while road-tripping (aka driving aimlessly) around Sofia with my friend:


Good times, good times... what more could I ask for? ...

No comments: