Friday 8 May 2009

That's it, then...

Tradition has it that I always write a blog entry right before I leave for home/London respectively. Also, tradition has it that these blog entries are written in the wee hours of the morning (like 4:30a.m.) As of right now, I have an hour before I leave for the airport. Then another hour before check-in begins (though as a good girl I've done the online check-in and now the only thing I have to worry about is all the excess luggage *and the carrying thereof*)... oh, and riding the tube at 5:30a.m. is always an adventure :)

Apparently 4 a.m. is a great time to start exploring the mysterious of physics, for example. Take my laptop as a case study. The charger I have has always been loud and obnoxious, but tonight it started heating up and got even louder while charging my computer. At the same time, my mouse cursor started playing up - the mouse freezes and does what it wants to do, not what I tell it to do. Totally out of control. Now... when I unplug the laptop, the mouse is all well again. But here's the funny part: the mouse only acts up when the laptop is charging and placed a) directly on my bed, b) on the desk; the mouse is perfectly fine when the laptop is charging and placed a) on my lap... or b) if I'm holding it with both hands. What does that tell us about the electrical currents and all that jazz? Here's my theory:

The charger is having trouble sending the right amount of electricity to my laptop. As a result, there is a very gentle, but disturbing electrical current which strikes my laptop and affects the mouse cursor. When I add my electric polarity to the already polarized computer, I take currents off the mouse pad and balance out the whole system. Provided my heart doesn't go arrhythmic because of all the electric current transfers, it will all be good and I'll arrive home in however many hours. Top of my agenda: buy a normal charger.

I love technology! I also love the mesmerizing effect Dr. House has on my brain impulses at 4:30a.m. I'm actually quite proud at my little laptop mystery solution act thing :) Now I feel accomplished and can go back to an episode of House which is quite fascinating!

The End

The next post will be from the land of the Bulgars :) unless I get really bored in the next hour and decide to post about 20 other things. But how could I be bored when the mysteries of physics and electricity are upon me? Ha, perhaps I can't fall asleep because of an electrical overdose... oh how everything's connected!

No comments: