Sunday 22 March 2009

Camden on a Sunday

First off, I need to say once more how exhilarating the gorgeous London weather is. Sunshine, warmth, and happy people all around!

On a sunny Sunday like, staying home studying is downright unnatural. Solution: go down to Camden town for some crowd-dodging and shopping.

It's always a unique experience, going to Camden. I'm getting quite used to it, though, as in the past two weeks I've been up there three times (and counting). Sundays are definitely the most crowded days; you can hardly see the sidewalk from all the people around you! Also, you get cross-eyed from the eclectic mix of styles, fashion, anti-fashion, colors, personalities, and cultures in the area.

Today I went there with a purpose in mind: to do some clothes shopping... it's one of the very few times I've actually gone anywhere with that particular goal. Exciting stuff! Jess and I walked over all the markets, looking for 'stuff' for me.

In the end, our adventure was successful and I came back home £84 lighter and with a few bags of fun new clothes and stuff to try on. I hate how much of a compulsive shopper I am... sigh. But I did get a couple of discounts at several stalls... and I was going to get loads of free stuff had I agreed to marry a pervy guy from Nepal who refered to me as the "chicka-chicka-boom-boom" lady... Haha. He gave me a discount, which is all I wanted :) No marriage yet.

Ah, Camden... always an adventure! Still haven't run into dear Amy Winehouse there... though we did see a guy in a banana suit (seemed a bit inappropriate that he was handing out Cancer Research leaflets).

No comments: