Wednesday 7 January 2009

A Schwiizer Break

Whoa, finally another blog entry! It's been almost a month since the last time I was around. And what a month it's beeeeen! :D

Christmas is the best time of the year! (unless of course there's just coldness and gloominess and no snow whatsoever...) This Christmas break has been one of the best I've had - complete with friends, parties, fun, lazy times, trips, adventures, and all the rest. It's sad, though, that I only got to see my ACS for 2 evenings :( Either way, seeing them at least once is better than not at all, right? Love 'em!

I also got to hang out with the usual suspects from LBS again, hehe. We had one heck of a Christmas party, full of surprises and a bit toooo much fun (and a bit too much Bahamen)... What more can you ask for than a night full of dancing and cheering, and genuine awesomeness? :) That was Dec. 20/Dec. 21 (we finished at around 5am; though personally I could have kept on going till, I don't know, 9am? which is technically when I woke up and started roaming the streets of Sofia cause I just felt like listening to music and walking (in the rhythm of the songs of course)).

My Sofia days after that went by so fast - whoosh! Before I knew it, I was airborne on my way to Zurich with Mary, a great friend of mine. Oh, the good times, the good times! :D We made our way to Herrliberg-Feldmeilen quickly and painlessly, and here we met up with los Mexicanos Dessy and Nicky. Los Mexicanos - because the day after we arrived at their place in Zh, they flew away to Mexico and Guatemala to meet up with my parents. Mom and Dad celebrated their 25 anniversary in November and decided to continue celebrating with a two-week trip to Central/South America and the like. Though I'm a tad disappointed that I didn't get to go with them, I guess I got compensation here in Feldmeilen - if nothing else, at least we have a little llama farm near the house! :D

And how could I be disappointed when I got to spend New Year's Eve with a most entertaining gang of people :)) Kety, Ivo, Ireto, Tony, Mary, Harry, and Matro... We drove Feldmeilen mildly insane hahaha. True, we may have gone to bed early-ish on NYE, buuut the day before that and the day after were legendary :D Try cooking 7 NYE dishes with a belated hangover... sigh. Oh, the fond memories :) We walked around Zurich, Lucerne; mostly, though, we danced around the house cause we're dancer. Yahoo!

It was a fabulous week! Now Mary and I are still chillin' by the Zurich lake with Bobby the Golden Boy (dog). Every now and then we take a hike to downtown Zurich, to our favorite pub The Lion (great, right, I'm going to a British pub in Switzerland! wooow...) The place is cool nonetheless, far better than the Bloody Thumb (a typical Swiss Bierhaus with a typically grumpy Serbian waiter haha). We're listening to Viva Music Channel where the top songs are Human, Sober, Lost, Forgive Me, and random Verve tunes... I can sing any one of these now :D Especially Human, oh yeah!! Ah, the music obsessions :) See, I even have some free time to update this blog, baby! :D Here we go again with the smiley overdose... oh boy.

Just to mention, my sleep pattern is finally back to relatively normal! Ironic, isn't it... in about 12 days it will be insomnia all over again! lol. Okay, that's all for right now.

A happy new year to everyone! Wish you all the best - may all your dreams come true and may you feel good about life, love, and yourselves! Be happy always!!

No comments: