Thursday 23 April 2009

DeFaced

On April 23, 2009, at approximately 5:14p.m., I deactivated my Facebook profile. *GASP, NOOO, THE END OF THE WORLD IS NEAR!*

Temporarily, as an experiment of sorts. I'll see how my life will be without any Facebook influences in it - without the constant snooping around into other people's business, installing pointless applications, and wasting tons of precious hours on the ... hmm, rather ugly (especially as of recently) website; it will also be a time away from quite a few friends with whom I had a convenient contact method, and a time away from the closely knit Facebook community.

This is also where the second bit of my experiment comes in: I'll see how people on Facebook deal with the loss of a member of that community... I mean, 'virtual loss'; let's not go to a 'physical' loss yet, please :) So it's going to be an entertaining little experiment. :)

I've been off Facebook for nearly 6 hours now. Yippee! :P No withdrawal symptoms yet. Hahaha, ridiculous, isn't it? Silly, silly worldwide addictions... Sigh... I sometimes wonder how I allow myself to be part of that - but hey, I'm up for a change now ;) Bring it on!

As per tradition, here's a Facebook song! :)

No comments: