Sunday 5 April 2009

The end of an ERa...

On April 2, 2009, while the G20 leaders discussed the financial future of the planet, a rather large group of fans stood heartbroken at the end of an ERa (pun intended)... namely... the end of "ER", the popular hospital TV series that's been on air practically forever!

Oh, the memories! I was an ER addict once, back when the series first started showing in Bulgaria... wow, I remember I watched it all the time and didn't want to miss an episode... what was it, Thursdays at 8pm? Maybe, I don't remember - but I HAD TO be home and watch it!

My favorite cast members were Nurse Carol and Dr. Ross (Julianna Margulies and George Clooney). Carol was like my role model! And I remember a couple of episodes when she was going through some serious drama - boy, did I cry at those! Also, every morning I'd wait for the school bus to pick me up; as I was waiting on the corner of our street, I kept re-enacting scenes from the latest episodes in my head (and sometimes in reality, which is probably why passers-by looked at me slightly weirdly at times). Yeah... I find that so funny now! :D I don't think I've been that passionate about a TV show since! But you know, the stronger a passion is in the beginning, the more suddenly it dies... Yep, my love for ER died rather quickly, after only a few years... :)

And I can't imagine that the show just ended NOW! That brought back so many memories, again :) But seriously, I have no more sentiments for the Chicago doctors.. which is probably a good thing, otherwise I would have had a really, really sad birthday :S *but no, it was a really, really happy one:)

Well, that's that.

In case you have absolutely nothing better to do than look up rather useless information, check out all the other irrelevant events that have occurred on April 2 throughout the years (seriously, there's nothing too exciting on there... it's a boring date, historically speaking...) (and bless Wikipedia - the source of tons of random knowledge!)

Finally, and most definitely most irrelevant to this entire post, a video.. about cats. Cats that do silly things and usually end up in comically painful situations for our entertainment... I like the one with the fan :) (oh and for the record, dogs rule, cats don't!)

No comments: